Learning Guide for "Jerry's Magic Shoes"
Suitable for ages 7-11
This story can be used to teach children (and adults!) the power of positive thinking (in a realistic way), that practice and persistence pay off, and, most important of all, that our self-image is what defines us, not what other people think.
- How does Jerry feel at the beginning of the story? Why does he feel that way?
- Do you ever feel like Jerry?
- What does Michael Jordan say to Jerry? Does it make sense to you?
- How come Jerry plays well after the time out?
- Do you think that Jerry’s shoes are magic?
- What do you do or think when you want to do something well (play a sport, play a musical instrument, create a picture, etc.)?
- Is it important what other people think of us? When/how might it be? When/how might it not be?
> Go to Child-Stories-Bank.com